with walking, swimming is one of the best ways to stay fit and strong
through the entire 9 ½ months, unless you’ve been instructed to do
otherwise by your health practitioner. Keeping physically active will
also help you stay strong throughout the birth process.
you’re a serious swimmer, took the sport during your pregnancy, or
simply enjoy relaxing by the pool or the beach, these seven essential maternity swimwear pieces will come in very handy and can be mixed and matched as you like.
1. Maternity Halter Top
· Attractive Neckline --
the fitted halter top creates an extremely attractive neckline for
pregnant women while minimising tan lines around the back.
· Breast Support
– As your breasts grow larger during the pregnancy, the maternity
halter top is designed to provide all the necessary support for
· Belly Coverage --
For expectant mothers who don’t want to show their belly or want to
hide any stretch marks, the halter top provides excellent full coverage.
· Combine With –
halter tops can be combined with any bottom piece, for example, with
cute bikini bottoms with a side tie, swim skirts, or maternity sarongs.
2. Reversible Bikini Band
· Adjustable Waist Band –
the reversible band allows you to fold down and adjust the waist as
your belly grows, with the added benefit of different colours for a
variety of looks.
· Flattering Lines – reversible bikini bands sit well on all hip sizes, and are particularly flattering for pregnant women.
· Incredible Comfort – this bikini bottom is comfortable and versatile to wear, providing plenty of support for the bottom area.
3. One Piece
· Coverage –
one pieces provide plenty of coverage for expectant mothers, with a
solid, fitted feel in contrast with the more loose-fitting halter tops.
· Support – fitted support for all areas. Provides back support for those with back aches.
· Designed to Grow as You do – one pieces are designed to grow as you do, fitting over your belly and other expanding areas comfortably.
· Fitted Style – the style may suit you when you’re swimming laps or prefer a fitted feel in the water.
· Many Styles –
tankinis come in many styles – fitted, loose or adjustable. With
adjustable ties or threads at the side, you can change the fit as your
belly grows. They come in halterneck styles, different strap styles, can
be stretchy or fitted.
· Versatile – being a top piece, they can be worn with any swimsuit bottom you feel like.
· Flattering – tankinis are flattering for all shapes. You can choose to show a little belly or none at all.
5. Bikini Top
· Flattering – the traditional bikini top is flattering to all figures and waist shapes and creates the impression of leg length.
· Support – maternity bikini tops will usually be padded, giving plenty of support for your changing bust size.
· Unencumbered style – bikini tops are great for those days you want to show off your belly and have more contact with the water.
6. Maternity Swim Skirt
· Coverage and Comfort –
maternity swim skirts provide excellent coverage for when you need it,
especially around the bottom area. They are also very comfortable to
· Belly Fit – skirts can be adjusted to fit your growing belly.
7. Maternity Swim Sarong
· Coverage – if you’re socialising by the water, a maternity swim sarong gives you extra coverage for when you’re out of the water.
· Comfort – maternity sarongs are designed to fit around and under your growing belly.
As these examples show, maternity wear
is extremely versatile and there are plenty of styles from which to
choose. Remember to aim for comfort as well as style, and don’t forget
to protect your skin by with a wide brimmed hat and some sunscreen.
You might also like
Adjusting to Becoming a Parent
Having your first baby is a very rewarding experience -- something that many new mums won’t admit to until after their baby has grown. Once the baby comes, you will feel love that you never knew existed, but you will also feel terrified, exhausted, frustrated and stressed. Parenthood is a steep learning curve, but the following tips will help you cope and get to the point where you love your new role.
In the first few months especially, you will find caring for a newborn to be time-consuming, dirty, sometimes mundane and often hectic -- and you will do it all while sleep deprived. You may find this to be a huge jolt from the existence you knew before, like when you lived a carefree life with few responsibilities and your weekends and evenings were free.
We're On The Cover of Pregnancy & Birth Magazine
Super excited to pickup the latest issue of Pregnancy & Birth Magazine to find Queen Bee on the cover!
11 Amazing Baby Shower Gifts We Know Any Mum-to-Be Will Love
Shopping for a baby shower gift can be daunting at the best of times, but if you don’t know much about what babies need, it can be downright hard. Should you buy clothes? If so, should they be big clothes for the growing Mumma or little clothes for the newborn? Should clothes be pink, or blue, or gender neutral?