What maternity size should I buy?
Selling maternity clothes to generations of pregnant ladies all across the world since 2005, we have designed this pregnancy guide based on our many years of experience to help you choose the best size for you. We know online shopping can be tricky enough even not pregnant, but here are some valuable tips below!
maternity dresses and tops
- For maternity clothing we recommend staying with your pre-pregnancy size. As all pregnancies are unique and individual, maternity clothes are designed on a normal pregnancy weight gain range. Although it can be tempting to order a size up, only do so if you prefer a relaxed fit or if you have a very large bust. If you feel you have gained extra weight or are having twins then we do recommend choosing a size up from your regular size.
- When buying jeans you may find the fit a little 'snug' at first but please remember that the denim does stretch and get softer with each wear. We advise staying with your regular Australian pre-pregnancy size and a tip is they shouldn't slip down as you walk. Our maternity jeans style guide can be found here.
maternity pants and leggings
- For pants and leggings some ladies prefer over belly styles for more support whilst others prefer nothing touching their belly - and this is fine, your preference can change in the later trimesters especially as your skin gets more tight, itchy and sensitive. Some underbelly leggings are perfect at this stage and great to wear post birth when your body is recovering.
- For our new nursing mamas we are well known for our range of breastfeeding fashion that is designed only for post pregnancy (without the extra belly ruching!). All our garments have discreet feeding access - ideal when out and about or when visitors drop by and it happens to be feeding time. We want our mamas to feel confident when breastfeeding at anytime and anywhere. At this stage some ladies have doubled in cup size! If this occurs order a size up from your pre-pregnancy size if it's a snug fitting top or dress.
- For that awkward post birth period when you look like you are still showing, we have goodies to help you recover, so you can concentrate on that precious newbie in your life! Most are compression style garments and they often look small when opened from the packet but once they're on they do the job! For these items please refer to the specific size charts on the product pages. It really helps to whip out that tape measure just to get the right size. And of course, feel free to call or chat with us for any questions!
nursing and maternity bras
-Bras can be tricky as most ladies gradually increase in cup size over the course of their pregnancy. Plus when your milk comes in your cup size can double! All our bras are wire-free with a stretch under-bust that comfortably expands with your changing shape. We have specific size guides for all our bras found at the bottom of the product description to get the perfect fit. Plus read our blog here for tips on choosing a maternity and nursing bra. For a comparison of our best selling styles click here.
Lastly, these sizing notes are a guide only so please also refer to the brand size charts and descriptions on each product page as the editor will mention any variations in sizes for particular designs.
enjoy a stylish pregnancy x
TOP 4 - FAQ ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
Click here for more FAQ
How do I know if an item is in stock?
All items on the Queen Bee website are IN STOCK items which can be dispatched immediately from our Sydney warehouse. Simply order by 2pm for same business day dispatch.
Can you re-stock sold out items?
If a size displays SOLD OUT this generally means that we will tentatively not be able to re-stock the item, until the manufacturer does a re-run of the style. However we suggest you login to the site and add the product to your wish-list. You will then be notified by email when the product is re-stocked. Items in our clearance sale section cannot be re-stocked.
What does it mean if it says limited stock left?
This means that we are unable to restock this item so hurry and purchase as there is only limited stock left.
What size should I buy?
We recommend staying with your pre-pregnancy size as most garments are cut to accommodate your changing shape. There is a link to a size chart for every brand on the product pages and please also read the product descriptions as the editor will mention any specific size variations for certain products. Our maternity jeans style guide can be found here