Preparing For a Pregnancy Photo Shoot
Many mums-to-be choose to have professional photo sessions during their pregnancies, to celebrate and record such a special time. If you’re keen to show off your baby belly in some photographs that you will cherish forever, here are a few tips to make sure you look great and feel relaxed during the shoot.
Looking and feeling your best
You definitely want to be at your best for this occasion, which means putting some thought into your makeup, hair and outfit before you head off to the studio.
- Makeup – It’s best not to overdo it. You want to avoid that “made up” look and instead keep it natural and glowing. Also try to fit in a manicure and pedicure before your session - the finer details make all the difference.
- Hair – A trip to the hairdresser for an expert blow dry is a great idea. You’ll look great, and you won’t have to fuss before your session, which means you’ll be more relaxed and feeling beautiful.
- Outfit – Solid colours work best for a photo shoot (avoid stripes or busy prints). It’s also good to wear something figure-hugging to emphasise your belly. However if you want to wear a dress that is more drapey in style, bring along a bulldog clip so you can pin it at the back in order to define your curves - it really makes a difference and its a handy tip! We also suggest something simple yet elegant like a strapless maxi.
Think about the look you want
- Jewellery – Keep it to a minimum. Stick to some simple pieces, or perhaps items that have sentimental value for you.
Do some online research beforehand to get an idea of the poses and styles of photos that you like, and want to emulate. Consider whether you want your shots fully clothed, or partly undressed to show off your baby belly. Your photographer will also be able to guide you.
Timing is everything
We recommend having your photos done at around six to eight months into your pregnancy. You’ll look lovely and obviously pregnant at six months, and you probably won’t feel like a glam photo shoot after the eight-month mark!
Have you had a pregnancy photo-shoot done, can you recommend a photographer below? Tell us about your experience!
You might also like
Win a Mesop basics pack at Queen Bee
At the heart of mesop is a passion for a distinctly Australian contemporary lifestyle centred on the value of simplicity.
Pregnancies Biggest Myths
As every woman who has ever been pregnant can attest, there are a lot of old wives’ tales out there regarding pregnancy. While some myths are quite amusing, others prompt unnecessary worry or even cause actual health complications for mum and baby. If you’re being inundated with tips, myths and superstitions from people about your pregnancy, and you’re not sure what is right and what is wrong, read on to discover the common myths that you shouldn’t believe.
Win a BLANQI Pregnancy Bundle
The perfect bundle for any new mama-to-be! This fabulous Blanqi maternity package includes:
- a Blanqi Underbust support tank valued at $110
- High Performance Belly lift and support leggings valued at $106